Halls to Hire
Located close to Palmers Green town centre, we are a popular choice for venue hire. We have a variety of rooms and three church halls available to hire, offering versatile and multi-functional spaces suitable for conferences through to smaller group meetings and exhibitions. If you would like to make an enquiry about hiring our halls or meeting rooms, please contact the Parish Office on 020 8886 0847 and someone will be in contact with you shortly.
Our main Church Hall complex is on Bourne Hill, opposite the hand carwash and about 50m from the Church. It has three hire spaces of varying sizes.
The Large Main Hall
- This is a space of approx 19m x 10m (not including the stage at one end)
- This space is used for a variety of weekly and one-off functions and events, including a children’s day nursery (one of two in the complex), after school groups, slimming clubs, our Scout troop (Beavers, Cubs & Scouts).
- The space has black-out curtains to the side windows and electric blinds which close up the large windows at the northern end of the building. This allows the space to be used for theatre performances on the stage or floor of the hall. The space is home to the St John’s Amateur Theatre group.
- The space has a flat floor with a soft black backing and stage curtains, operated from the side of the stage
- The stage currently has no stage lighting installed
- The Main Hall will seat 125 in a theatre layout
- It is equipped with tables and chairs (please note, the white tables and chairs in the above picture were hired in by the party who booked the hall, ours are more basic)
- There are Male and Female Toilets and a Disabled Toilet accessible from the hall
The Small Hall
- This is a space of approx 11m x 8.5m with a raised platform, containing a small kitchen area.
- This space is equipped with tables and chairs
- This space is often used for smaller parties and events as well as Saturday morning classes and groups.
- It has its own entrance and access to Male and Female toilets. Access to the Disabled Toilet would be via the Committee Room
The Committee Room
- This is a small meeting room of approx 10m x 4.5m and is often used for meetings
- It can be split into two smaller spaces, each with their own entrance from the corridor which runs behind the Main Hall stage area and is designed to be used as Dressing Room space if the Main Hall Stage is in use
- The Committee Room may be accessed from either the Main Hall or Small Hall corridors
There are hatches which allow access through to the Kitchen area.
The Church Halls also have a Kitchen area with industrial cooker, Fridge-freezer and food preparation areas. The space is a shared space but is primarily used for events in the Main Hall.
Most of our regular hirers have storage space of various sizes around the Church Halls complex.
Enquiries and Booking Arrangements should be directed to Rebecca Hawkes, Parish and Facilities Administrator at the Parish Office on 020 8886 0847.